Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Left my cares and woes and went to New York!


What to say about this trip? Hmmm...

Things that I saw: Grand Central Station, Hudson River, Vanderbilt Mansion, FDR's house and library, a REAL outlet mall (in Woodbury), Apple store on 5th Avenue, FAO Schwartz, Rockafeller Center, Teuscher Chocolatier, Times Square, Macy's on 34th Street, Empire State Building, Battery Park, LONG view of Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Wall Street, NYSE, Ground Zero, New York Subway, Coney Island (DON'T EVER go there), Little Italy, Lombardi's (first Pizzeria in America)

Food that I definitely need a recipe for: Vegetarian Pizza. Emily is the most AMAZING chef ever. I thought I had died on gone to heaven. And ribs on Sunday. I've never had such good ribs!

Movies watched: Australia

TV shows watched: American Idol Finale, So You Think You Can Dance

Verdict: BEST VACATION EVER!!!!!


7 comments:

Lindsay said...

You didn't like Coney Island? Of course, I suppose you were there during one of the more crowded weekends of the year. The crowds are not that great. We go there a couple time a year, not necessarily to swim, but at least to walk the boardwalk and eat hot dogs at Nathan's. Also, the NY Aquarium is there, which is pretty fun. One of these days I'd like to walk along the boardwalk from Coney Island to Brighton Beach, which is a Russian community with a few highlights I'd like to see (including some incredible food).

Glad you had fun on your trip!

Laurel said...

I knew I should've called a native. Nathan's was great. It was a bit too crowded and a little hot. :)

Alissa said...

How fun!!! It sounds like you had a blast! One day I'll go there..

Jandel said...

Glad you had fun. I thing you should put more pictures though...Again, thanks for coming and seeing us.

The Standrings said...

toosh- sounds so fun!

The SaSSeR's said...

Yeah i am so glad that you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

We're glad you a had fun, it was fun having you! You make me feel good about my cooking....I only made my good recipes (Hahaha)