Some time ago (aka on New Years' Eve) I wrote out some goals I have for this year. Some resolutions. Now, I haven't completed with every goal, however yesterday I hit a major milestone.
I have been out of shape a majority of my life it feels like. And because of that, my self-esteem has suffered. I don't tell you this for pity, but rather as a way of explanation. I tried losing weight, but to no avail. I love food too much. Well, on my mission (yes, I hate that phrase but it works here) I lost a lot of weight because:
a) I wasn't eating 3 meals a day--there was no time
b) I didn't have time to make meals, so I either ate scrambled eggs or cereal
c) I walked an average of 17 miles per day
d) I was stressed -- A LOT
That surely explains a lot. Well, when I got home, I gained that weight back over a period of a year. I don't know if it was Mom's amazing home cooking, or just everything, but I could no longer fit in the adorable clothes I had bought on my mission. Well, this year I made the resolution to lose the weight. I've struggled quite a bit. Tried running and that worked for 3 weeks before the weather decided to snow, then rain, and then I had evening appointments--whether it was visiting with friends or staying late at work--it seemed like everything was against me. I dreaded my weekly appointment with my scale.
But yesterday was the amazing day. I stepped on the scale and I was at the lowest number I have been at in a year. I officially have lost 12 pounds since January. And to celebrate, I got myself a treat and then walked 2 miles. This may not be a big deal to anyone else, but it's a huge deal for me. And when I stepped on the scale this morning to verify that I hadn't gone out of my mind--the weight was 0.6 lower than yesterday. Whatever I'm doing, I'm content with continuing in the hopes that in the next 5 months (aka around December) I will be down another 12 pounds. Wouldn't that be a Christmas miracle!
6 comments:
Way to go, Laurel! That's fantastic!
congrats!!
You rock...that takes a lot of work!
you're awesome! That does take a lot of work - good job sticking to your goals!!
Hey Laurel - You go GIRL!! That is awesome! Keep up the good work! - Karen
Good for you! If you need a walking buddy before you move north let me know! I to have that same goal and would love a buddy!
Post a Comment