I still have some semblance of self-esteem (though sometimes miniscule at best) and a text tells me that, according to you, I'm not worth the effort to call and chat for maybe 3 minutes--tops (I'm dead serious on this one. I don't like to chat long on the phone).
But a text? Gee. I feel so special.
Sincerely,
Your future date
PS--Please note as well that as a writer (and being around editors) I will edit your text in my mind if there are major grammatical errors.
PPS--If your text sounds like it was written by an eleven-year-old, don't plan on a second date.
Am I asking for too much? You can be honest.

5 comments:
You are not asking too much. Texting has its place, but that is just plain tacky. You deserve to be wooed. Demand it.
Depends on the person I guess, I have a bestie who will only text - wont pick up the phone, but is awesome in person. Also what time of day did he text? I know my brother cant call but can text at work. Your brother botched his asking and first date with me but redeemed himself:) so I guess my take is it not great, but not a deal breaker. Let us know how it goes!!!
A text really? I agree with you 100%. Ahh! Good luck on your date tonight.
PS You're hilarious.
I think it's a little harsh. He did call to set up the date and he could just be nervous about confirming the date. Now... if he sent you a text to ask you out, then that is unacceptable. How did the date go?
Awww, I loooove texting, but I'm siding with you on this one! Not cool!
If it happens again in the future with the same guy or a different one, it may not be that you're unimportant to him, but it's the exact opposite! Maybe talking with you makes him nervous and he wants to appear confident in your eyes. The date is really important to him and he doesn't want to mess anything up with you over the phone. Phone conversations can be unpredictable situations, so he writes a text (a predictable situation--he knows exactly what to say ahead of time with no surprise follow-up questions from the lovely lady) instead. Should the lovely lady text a reply with a surprise follow-up question, he has plenty of time to think of a good/witty/confident answer.
And yes, this is coming from the girl who emailed her doctor's office because she was too nervous to call. -_- *sigh*
P.S. Hope the date went well. *hugs*
Post a Comment