So, while I'm busily trying to prepare for the GRE (who knew you needed math skills?) and saving up money for that venture, I've also decided that I need to start traveling more. I posted previously of a bunch of places that I want to visit, some day. Well, I've narrowed down my choices, and if anyone (and this is a serious open invitation so that I won't travel alone, because the truth is--I won't travel if I'm alone) wants to come with me, you're more than welcomed to join. I don't have a date set, but that's all logistics.
These are in no particular order:
1)
That's right, Disneyland. I haven't been there since junior year of high school. And I personally would REALLY like to ride Peter Pan's Flight. I'm just saying.
2)
Spain. I haven't been back since my mission 2.5 years ago, and I think it's time for me to go back and visit with all of the amazing people there and see the country as a tourist, rather than as a missionary.
3)
England. Not just London, mind you. The Lake District, Bath, the countryside. I want to see it all.
4)
And probably the most probable after Disneyland--New York City. I think it's time that I see the city. I've navigated the bus and transit system of Barcelona, Zaragoza, Salt Lake City, and DC. Perhaps it's time that I graduate to the Big Apple. Maybe even take in a Broadway show. The question then is: Which show should THAT be?




7 comments:
Hi! So I LOVE Disneyland (much to your brother's chagrin) and you and I will both be down at Christmas...I say we take a day and head up and hit all of the rides! I even know some of the tricks(I have friends who worked there:))!! We will have to plan!! All of those places sound wonderful though! I would have a tough time with which show to see too!
I LOVE that idea, Heather!!! Let's do it!
I can't travel with you to NYC, but you're welcome to crash at our place when you do make it out here. I'd even go around with you and see some of the sights. It's fun exploring this city.
Oh, and I was going to tell you..."In the Heights" is supposed to be an AWESOME Broadway show. It won the Tony award this year for Best Play. I haven't seen it yet (or any other broadway play for that matter...must remedy this one of these days...) but my friend did and LOVED it. And I'm told it's easier to get discounted lottery tickets for that show than it is for Wicked (because EVERYONE wants to see Wicked, so the odds of being picked in the lottery are lower). Anyway, have fun picking out a show!
Now, don't you and Heather run off to Disneyland without me. Maybe we could do a Sister-in-Law weekend to Disneyland!!!(and Angela, of course) Sounds good to me!!!!
Yes! Let's do it! Leave all the boys at home! I'm game (of course!)
i would say, hands down, you should see les mis. There isn't even a question! actually lion king or wicked on broadway are pretty dang amazing too
Post a Comment