Hey, everyone! As promised, I have pictures of my new apartment. I can't tell you how great having my own place is. I get to keep the kitchen clean--or at least I know who's mess it is! I've already had a movie night with some girls in my ward and the promise that it will definitely happen again. So, here are a few pictures.
Please forgive the mess in my front room, I'm still trying to decide where things go and my friend, Michelle, and I have started a writing group so I've been working on some assignment for that, and...well, I'll tell you about the third thing after the pictures:
So, this is my living room. That's a patio out through my sliding door, as well as a storage room.
This is my kitchen. There's a stacked washer/dryer that came with the place. It's great not having to wait for the washer and dryer!
This is my bathroom. I can't tell you how much I love not sharing the bathroom as it always ended up that as soon as I needed to use the bathroom, my roommate would lock herself in there for an hour long bath!
And lastly, my bedroom.
So, the third reason for the mess in my front room is that I'm looking into graduate schools. I'm thinking about going back to school to get a MLIS degree (or Masters of Library and Information Sciences) and becoming a librarian. After researching and talking about it with a friend who recently finished her degree in this subject, I thought it couldn't hurt to at least SEE what it was all about. I've gotten a book from the library about the GRE and I spent yesterday checking out different universities on the internet so I can get a figure for what it will take time-wise and monetarily. And that should help me make a more informed decision. Nothing's definite yet--I'm still gathering information, but I just thought I'd throw that info out.
6 comments:
Your new place looks very roomy. It reminds me of the layout of our condo in Michigan. I loved that place. I hope you love your new home.
Glad you are settling in. It always seems to take longer than you think to find homes for all of your things. IU has an MLIS program. There were quite a number of Grad students in our ward in the program. Find something you enjoy and then do it- no use spending your life doing something you don't enjoy!
Your apartment is looking really cute! I'm going to have to come see it now that it is done.
cute! hooray for own bathrooms! it makes all the difference
Cannot wait to see your new place in person! That is great that you are thinking of more school. You just cannot move away-then who would be my temple buddy-lol.
i always hated sharing a bathroom too! but hey, that's way cool about grad school! keep me updated on what you decide to do! hopefully you won't move TOO far away!
Post a Comment