Thursday, September 3, 2009

Accepted

It feels so good to write that.


San Jose State accepted me for their Distance Learning Masters program. It's 43 credits and I will have a masters of library science and it's completely online. I'm thrilled. So excited.

I'm still looking at Simmons College and their dual masters program. It will take longer and be more expensive and I won't have the luxury of not having to care where I go, but I feel compelled to continuing researching (plus the fact that I have to take 57 credits and NOT turn in a thesis or a portfolio for the degrees is sitting well with me). But I'm going to start with San Jose in January. My plan is to take one course and see how disciplined I am now. If it works, great--if not, I should be able to transfer the class over to Simmons.

But rejoice! Things are moving forward! Which is more than what's happened to me in the past two years.

2 comments:

The Standrings said...

toosh! congratulations! i thought about doing an online masters program but i am scared to death to write a thesis.

Michelle Stocking said...

Way awesome. Sorry I haven't had time to write you back and tell you how freakin excited I am for you! Just imagine me jumping up and down for joy! Andrew is excited to. He's jumping with me in, although I'm sure he has no idea why.