Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sacrifice

Sports are all about sacrifice, right?
Take one for the team?
Well, last week, I took one for the team. The ward's softball team, that is.
In an attempt to get back to first base after the shortstop caught an infield pop fly, and avoid a collision between two guys who were much bigger than me (runner and the first baseman)--I dove for first.
According to Remi, my first base coach, I ended up doing a bellyflop. 
I guess I need my nephews to teach me how to correctly slide. 
In related news--we are undefeated.

3 comments:

kteuscher said...

Ouch! Are you sore? I would have taken the out. That's why no one wants me on their team.

Karen said...

I'm assuming you were safe, therefore I think it was worth it :) Wow on being undefeated!!

The Standrings said...

you go, girl! i bet you looked pro!