It's time to review my resolutions from last year and see how I measured up:
2010 Goal: I'm going to continue to try to lose weight during this coming year, and have set another "goal weight" for December. Here's to hoping that I can do it.
Nope. Didn't make it. I really stuck to working out and now I can run for longer than I ever have before. But I did not meet my goal weight.
2011 Goal: Make it to my "goal" weight for the family reunion. Then make it to my second "goal" weight by December.
2010 Goal: Start a book blog and read 100 books by December 31, 2010.
Ha! I started a book blog. But I definitely did not read 100 books. In fact, I KNOW I won't have read 100 books. I got to 80. That's pretty good. And I've neglected my book blog.
2011 Goal: Recommit to the book blog. Maybe not be so ambitious as 100 books. Maybe 80 again? Or 85. Let's do 85. Or maybe I should just aim low and say I'm just going back to enjoy reading.
2010 Goal: Focus on school. Never do an all-nighter.
Finally. A goal that I accomplished. I never pulled an all-nighter. I'm pleased with my grades thus far. I think I need to continue to make school a focus, just not a major one.
2011 Goal: Get A's in my classes. Be on track to graduate soon.
2011 Goal: Live my motto (post to come tomorrow or Thursday about my 2011 motto)
As you can probably guess, my focus had to change about 4 weeks into the year. But I'm okay with that. I feel like I'm in a really good place. My life seems to be dynamic--changing every week or so with some new adventure. I'm definitely stretching and growing, for which I am truly grateful. I'd rather be on a roller coaster than sitting on the park bench watching other people scream and laugh and cry from the exhaustion of it all. Here's to hoping 2011 is just as amazing as 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment