It was nerve wracking, I'll tell you. To venture into London by myself. To be honest, my greatest fear was the lack of company to take pictures of me (since goodness knows that I hate getting my picture taken!).
But can I say I loved it?
And I had 4 people ask ME for directions. Apparently, I looked like I knew where I was going.
I had big plans to roam around the city for the day, but in the end I made three stops and was extremely exhausted. It was humid, and warm, and all that walking just tuckered me out.
Now, this is where I become named Queen of Geeks as they are now calling me at work. Because the first thing I went to see in London was, the Doctor Who exhibit.
Doctor Who? What in the world is that?
Well, it's a British Sci-Fi television show that has been going on since the 60s but got a reboot in 2005. I started watching it back in 2009 (you know, when I didn't have a life, or friends outside of work, and I spent my life being fat and crocheting . . . *sigh* it's sad when I see my life going in a circle again).
Anyways, in London there was an exhibit, so I went and took the little tour.
This is a Dalek. The Doctor's oldest enemy.
That would be a mannequin of the 11th doctor (the current doctor) and his Tardis.
A poster of the 10th incarnation of the Doctor (and my personal favorite)
The inside of the 10th Doctor's Tardis. Only cool to those who know about Doctor Who . . .
See . . . Queen of the Geeks. And the angle is awful. I realize that . . .
It was a long walk. But it was lovely to walk through that area of London and feel like I was living in London.
At Covent Gardens, I had a waffle and then strolled through the shop purchasing little souvenirs. It was around 2:30 when I became exhausted and decided to return to Henley. I was spent.
On the way back up the hill to the house in Henley, I stopped and snapped some pictures of Friar Park, home of the late George Harrison (of Beatles' fame) where his wife now lives.
It's now been a month and I can't remember what we did that night, but I know that I went to bed and half of me was ready to go home, the other half . . . not so much. *sigh* It was a win/lose situation.



No comments:
Post a Comment