Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 24

Yep. I'm behind, I know. I'll catch up. Only 6 more days... maybe I'll finish this week?

Write a letter to your parents.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I don't think I say "thank you" often enough or "I love you" as much as I should. I think you're both amazing. Raising 8 relatively normal kids who are all good kids? Yeah. That's an impressive feat. I don't know how you did it, especially with how different we all are. But I am grateful. I'm grateful that you push me to do the hard things, even if I whine and complain. But I also love that you have always pushed me to be independent (though I'm sure you had your own selfish motives for that....). It's always been nice to know that I could go to you for advice, but that instead of telling me what to do, you allow me to either 1) make the mistakes or 2) simply guide me to find the answer myself. I think that has helped empower me to be the relatively self-confident young woman that I am today (and yes... I'm still a young woman. Maybe in 19 more days that will change... but probably not). Thanks for all the love and support even when I was stumbling and didn't know what I wanted to do. 

love,
Laurel

No comments: