Sorry for still being behind with the 30 day challenge. It should've been almost over by now, but I have been having problems balancing things, apparently.
Last night was our ward's first game of women's basketball. It was tiring playing full-court 4-on-4. I haven't done that in a long time. And our referee kept bugging us about being "more aggressive." Right. I took a couple of hits--one had me turning on my ankle with a foul from the other team.
But the worse one was when I went to block a shot, and fell on my left side and my elbow. I don't really know how that happened. I laid on the gym floor, my eyes opening and closing and not really focusing on anything, and my left ankle (luckily I had been wearing my brace. I'm pretty sure that's what saved me). My arm hurt profusely, but after awhile, it seemed like the only thing I could do was to get up and finish the game.
Then I came home and iced the elbow. The bruise is starting to form now... 9 hours later. And my body is pretty sore. But the worse part?
I realized that these girls, once they figure out that I'm bigger than them and can be pretty accurate in close range of the basket, I can't really shake them. They just stick to me like glue and there is no getting away from them. I'm just too slow to get any distance. *sigh* Maybe I need to spend Saturday morning at the institute playing basketball or something. But I need someone to defend me. Anyone know of anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment